Bob Wiley Detention Facility
The Tulare County Sheriff's Department operates the Bob Wiley Detention Facility in Visalia, California. It is one of the jails in Tulare County, along with the Adult Pre-Trial Facility and the Men's Correctional Facility.
The Bob Wiley Detention Facility houses adult men and women who have been arrested by county or municipal law enforcement, those committed to custody by the courts via sentencing, and inmates awaiting transfer to the California Department of Corrections.
If you believe your loved one is being held at the Bob Wiley Detention Facility click here or use VINE (see below) to find out more information.
VINE (Victim Information and Notification Everyday)
Victim Information and Notification Everyday (VINE) is a free and anonymous telephone service that provides victims of crime both information and notification. VINE monitors the custody status of offenders and receives updated information every 15 minutes.
The Toll Free Number for California VINE is 1.877.411.5588. Anyone can call the California State VINE line to determine an inmate's custody status. To search for offender information, callers will need one of the following items:
- Offender name or alias
- Secondary search option (if there is more than one offender with the same name), such as:
- Arrest date
- Date of birth
- Middle initial
- Offender identification number
VINE will let callers know about the offender's current custody status, the location of the inmate, and his/her offender number.
Bob Wiley Detention Facility
Thank you for visiting us to better understand how inmates are treated while incarcerated at this institution. Please be sure to share this website with others so that we can spread the word and help to maintain rights for current and former inmates.
Please note that by checking the box below, you understand we will be contacting you via email to better understand how we can help you and where our data will be used.
After confirming by checking the box below and inputting your email address, please press "submit" and then click on "View Insights" for the area you'd like to reveal.
What Do Inmate Families Think?
What Do Former Inmates Think?
What Do Employees Think?
Visiting Hours and Rules
Onsite visiting hours at the Bob Wiley Detention Facility are from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Visitors must arrive 15 minutes or more before their visit is scheduled to begin and a photo ID is required for all visitors at check-in.
Internet video visits are also available via GTL. The video visiting hours are between 7:45 a.m. and 10:30 p.m. (Pacific Time), Sunday through Saturday. The cost for Internet Visits is $15.00 per 20 minute visit. The scheduling times for internet visits are:
- 7:45 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- 8:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
All video visits must be scheduled at least one day in advance, but no more than one week in advance. During video visits, the Correctional Staff will periodically monitor the visiting activity.
How To Register for Internet Video Visits
Visitors can register for visitations online. Go to the visitation website and click “Register Today.” Fill in the required information including a valid email address. An email account is required for visitation account creation and for using the online registration tool.
Once you have registered on the visitation website, check your email inbox for an email to finalize your registration. If you do not receive an email, check your spam/junk folder. If you still don’t see an email from the system, call 855-208-7349.
Next, log in using the temporary password provided in the email. You will be prompted to change your password.
Scheduling A Visit
To schedule an inmate visit, log in with the email address you used for registration and the new password you created after logging in with your temporary password.
Click “Visitation” in the main menu, add any additional visitors that will attend the video visit and select the inmate you’d like to visit. Next, enter your preferred date, time, and location, and click “Search.”
Click “Select” next to the desired visitation time. On the next page, you can review selections and make changes. At the bottom of the page, indicate that you have reviewed the policies.
Verify all the information on the page, and click “Confirm.” The status of the video visit should now be “Confirmed.” Upcoming video visits are shown on the “Home” page. Click a visit to review its details.
Onsite Visiting Rules
- No food or beverages are allowed in the visiting area
- No Cell phones, cameras, recording or electrical devices are allowed
Visitation will be denied or terminated if the visitor fails to supervise and/ or maintain control of any minors accompanying them.
If you are in possession of any unacceptable item(s) in the visiting area, your visit will immediately be terminated. The following items are NOT permitted:
- Clothing that is solid red, orange or blue
- Clothing with lewd pictures, logos, slogans or sport attire, torn jeans, baggy clothing, gang attire, petite shorts or spaghetti straps
- Purses, sunglasses, hats, or backpacks
The Tulare County Sheriff's Department requests that all personal belongings be secured inside your vehicle.
Internet Video Visitation Rules
Participation in video-visitation is a privilege, not a right. Both visitor and inmate are expected to conduct themselves in an appropriate fashion at all times during a video visit.
- No nudity, tight fitting or provocative clothing is allowed during the visit. Violators will be barred from video visitation.
- Visitors appearing to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs; displaying items that may be considered contraband such as drugs, drug paraphernalia, weapons; or displaying gang signs, symbols, colors, etc., are subject to having the visit canceled and barred from future visits.
- Conducting visits while operating a motor vehicle is a violation of the video visitation rules. Any violation of the video visitation policies may result in suspension of your video visitation privileges.
Bob Wiley Detention Facility
36712 Road 112
Visalia, CA 93291
Driving Directions: https://goo.gl/maps/77Gy7jxE8YQkYd1i8
General Phone Number
Inmate Mailing Address(es)
c/o Bob Wiley Detention Facility
36712 Road 112
Visalia, CA 93291
All letters and packages must include both the inmate's first and last name, as well as I.D. number.
The Tulare County Sheriff’s Office may reject magazines, periodicals, and other materials that may inhibit the reasonable safety, security and discipline in the daily operation of the Bob Wiley Detention Facility. Books, newspapers, and magazines are accepted only if they are sent directly by the publisher.
Publications that may be rejected include, but are not limited to:
- Materials that advocate violence or a security breach.
- Literature that could incite racial unrest.
- Sexually explicit material, including pornographic magazines, nude pictures, pictures, or descriptions of sexually explicit activities.
- Obscene publications or writings
- Any material that would have a tendency to incite murder, arson, riot, violent racism, or any other form of violence
- Any material that would have a tendency to incite crimes against children; any material concerning unlawful gambling or an unlawful lottery; the manufacture or use of weapons, narcotics or explosives or any other unlawful activity.
- Material that could lead to sexual aggression, an offensive environment for inmates.
How to Call an Inmate
Inmates at the Bob Wiley Detention Facility cannot receive incoming phone calls, however, they have access to phones and can make outgoing calls from the inmate housing area. Phone calls are recorded and may be monitored at any time.
California law has established the right of an arrested person to make at least three free local telephone calls when they are booked: one call to an attorney, one to a bail bond agent, and one to a relative or other personal contact.
Setting Up A Phone Account/Leaving VoicemailsTo set up a prepaid or inmate debit account and leave voicemails, contact ICSolutions at 888-506-8407 or visit them online.
How to Send Money
The easiest way to send money to an inmate at the Bob Wiley Detention Facility is through TouchPay. Here's how to do it:
- Go to touchpayonline.com
- Select the Bob Wiley Detention Facility (Tulare County), then select the first letter of the inmate's last name.
- When you see all inmates whose last name begins with that letter, find the person you are looking for and click the "select" button next to their name.
- Once your inmate is confirmed, you'll be asked for the dollar amount you wish to send. Enter the amount, then enter your billing and credit card information.
- Once you have put in that information you may select to continue or cancel the transaction.
Friends and family are allowed to send inmates care packages through mycarepack.com. Here are the instructions to do so:
- Go to mycarepack.com and select the State (California) and County (Tulare). Then click on the "enter" button.
- On the next page in the top left-hand corner, there is a link named "Gift Packages." Select that link.
- That link will show you all available gift packages. Select one.
- Indicate the quantity you wish to purchase and then select "add to cart". After you are done shopping, select the blue shopping cart icon in the top right-hand corner.
- Make sure your order is correct. Then select "Continue - Proceed To Checkout."
Programs For Inmates
This information has not been made publicly available.
Pictures of Bob Wiley Detention Facility
Careers at Bob Wiley Detention Facility
If you are interested in a career with the Tulare County Sheriff's Department and would like more information about the job openings at the Bob Wiley Detention Facility, click here.