Ventura County Todd Road Jail
The Ventura County Todd Road Jail is located in Santa Paula, California and is operated by the Ventura County Sheriff's Department. It is referred to as the "jewel" of the Sheriff's Detention Services Division.
The Todd Road Jail houses a maximum capacity of 796 adult men and women who have been arrested by county or municipal law enforcement, those committed to custody by the courts via sentencing, and inmates awaiting transfer to the California Department of Corrections.
This facility is committed to going green, and has the grounds maintained environmentally friendly and ecologically to protect and sustain natural resources. Solar fields, water reclamation, food recycling, and drought-resistant landscape are among the environmental “green” design of the facility and grounds.
To find out if your loved one is being held in the Ventura County Jail, call the facility directly or use VINE (see below).
VINE (Victim Information and Notification Everyday)
Victim Information and Notification Everyday (VINE) is a free and anonymous telephone service that provides victims of crime both information and notification. VINE monitors the custody status of offenders in the Ventura County Claybank and receives updated information every 15 minutes.
The Toll Free Number for California VINE is 1.877.411.5588. Anyone can call the California State VINE line to determine an inmate's custody status. To search for offender information, callers will need one of the following items:
- Offender name or alias
- Secondary search option (if there is more than one offender with the same name), such as:
- Arrest date
- Date of birth
- Middle initial
- Offender identification number
VINE will let callers know about the offender's current custody status, the location of the inmate, and his/her offender number.
Ventura County Todd Road Jail
Thank you for visiting us to better understand how inmates are treated while incarcerated at this institution. Please be sure to share this website with others so that we can spread the word and help to maintain rights for current and former inmates.
Please note that by checking the box below, you understand we will be contacting you via email to better understand how we can help you and where our data will be used.
After confirming by checking the box below and inputting your email address, please press "submit" and then click on "View Insights" for the area you'd like to reveal.
What Do Inmate Families Think?
What Do Former Inmates Think?
What Do Employees Think?
Visiting Hours and Rules
Masks are required for ALL visitors at the Todd Road Jail. ALL contact visits require visitors to wear the N95 MASK and follow social distancing guidelines. Visitors are expected to check in with the staff at the Public Reception Lobby one hour prior to the start of visiting.
- Inmates receive two — 30 minute visits per week
- Two visitors per visit. Two adults or one adult one minor
- Visiting days are on Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday
- The Public Desk business hours are, 7am — 7pm Monday through Sunday
*Check-in starts at 7:00 a.m.,
Check-in ends at 7:30 a.m.*
B1, C5, D2
A1, B2, C6
C2, D2, A1
A6, B1, C1
*Check-in starts at 8:00 a.m.,
Check-in ends at 8:30 a.m.*
C3, D3, B2
A3, B3, C4
A4, B2, C3
*Check-in starts at 9:00 a.m.,
Check-in ends at 9:30 a.m.*
B4, C1, D6, A6
A6, B1, C5
A7, D3, B3
*Check-in starts at 1:00 p.m.,
Check-in ends at 1:30 p.m.*
C6, D1, B5
A5, B5, D2 D
A1, B4, D6
*Check-in starts at 2:00 p.m.,
Check-in ends at 2:30 p.m.*
C2, D5, A2
A7, B4, D3
*Check-in starts at 3:00 p.m.,
Check-in ends at 3:30 p.m.*
C4, D4, A5
A2, B6, C2
*Check-in starts at 4:00 p.m.,
Check-in ends at 4:30 p.m.*
A3, C6, D5
- All visitors are subject to a search of their persons and property.
- Any person that has been booked into the Ventura County facility may not visit for one calendar year from the date of their release.
- Minor children must be accompanied by either the child’s parent, grandparent, or legal guardian. In addition, minors may not be left unattended anywhere on jail grounds.
- Photo identification is required.
- No food, beverages, or smoking is allowed inside the visiting area.
- The following items are ALLOWED in the visiting area:
- Personal key ring;
- Personal identification;
- One baby bottle and/or blanket (if bringing in an infant)
- The following are NOT allowed in the visiting area:
- Purses, wallets, backpacks, diaper bags, infant carriers, strollers,cell phones, smart phones, and smart watches;
- Books, magazines, newspapers, pictures, or other miscellaneous papers;
- Candy, food, cigarettes, matches, lighters, pens, pencils;
Possession of items not allowed in the visiting area may result in your visit being terminated. Facility staff will not “hold” any item for you and there are no storage lockers available.
All visitors at the Ventura County Todd Road Jail must adhere to the following dress code. Refusal to comply with this dress code may result in the visit being denied or terminated.
- Shirts WITH sleeves only and shoes are required. Pants that are torn are not allowed
- Shorts/Skirts should be no more than one inch above knee
- No sheer, see-through, or provocative clothing
- No strapless or midriff tops are permitted
The Securus Video Connect system allows friends and family members to schedule and participate in video sessions with their inmate at the Ventura County Todd Road Jail from anywhere with internet access using the free Securus app, computer, or tablet.There are charges associated with video visits. Click here to access the video visitation system, and then click “Sign In” located at the top right corner.
Ventura County Todd Road Jail
600 Todd Rd
Santa Paula, CA 93060
Driving Directions: https://goo.gl/maps/MGhwgXQ9GAx3Jkc98
General Phone Number
Inmate Mailing Address(es)
Ventura County Todd Road Jail
Inmate Name and Booking Number
PO Box 6929
Ventura, CA 93006
Inmates may receive unlimited enveloped mail and postcards through the US Postal Service, plus soft bound books, newspapers, and periodicals via the USPS, UPS, FedEx, or DHL. Acceptance of these items is subject to the security procedures.
All incoming mail must be properly addressed with the inmate's name and booking number. Mail addressed incorrectly, or with no booking number, or not sent directly from the publisher (i.e.: books, newspapers, and magazines) will be returned to the sender. The jail does NOT accept publications ordered through Amazon Marketplace third party sellers.
Marriage and birth certificates are allowed through the mail. All incoming mail is opened and screened for contraband and money, as well as for jail management and law enforcement issues.
Rejection of Incoming Mail
All items deemed to contain contraband or determined to be unacceptable, will not be delivered to the inmate. Certain items will be destroyed if the item cannot be placed in the inmate’s property (e.g. liquids, illegal contraband, etc.).
- All correspondence must be clearly addressed.
- Postcards may not be altered from their original form, including added layering, backing, wrappings, laminate, buttons, bows, glue or ribbons.
- No gang codes or markings will be accepted.
- No drugs or other contraband may be enclosed in the mail.
- Enveloped mail or postcards may not be marked with paint, heavy crayon, foil, heavy ink, glitter, cloth, string, watermarks, stains or stickers (excluding US Postage Stamps)
- Enveloped mail or postcards cannot contain any perceived biohazard, i.e., lipstick, gloss, scents, etc.
- Publications, photographs, postcards, and letters cannot show images, drawings, artwork or photographs of fully exposed genitalia, buttocks or female breasts, and/or graphic depictions of sexual acts.
- Correspondence or pictures that tend to incite violence, riot, racism or threaten the security of the facility are prohibited.
- Blank postcards, envelopes, writing paper, greeting cards or postage stamps will not be accepted.
- Publications and enveloped mail may not contain wire, spiral bindings, pens, pencils, or any other items determined to be inappropriate or unacceptable for safety or security reasons.
Inmate email is available by clicking here. Only text is allowed in the email, each with a maximum of 4500 characters (equivalent to one page).
The price list is as follows (plus a $1.75 processing fee):
- 1 email for $1.00
- 5 emails for $5.00
- 10 emails for $10.00
- 25 emails for $23.75
- 50 emails for $45.00
How to Call an Inmate
Inmates at the Ventura County Jail cannot receive incoming phone calls, however, they have access to phones and can make outgoing calls from the inmate housing area. Phone calls are recorded and may be monitored at any time.
California law has established the right of an arrested person to make at least three free local telephone calls when they are booked: one call to an attorney, one to a bail bond agent, and one to a relative or other personal contact.
Family members and friends can set up an Advance Connect prepaid calling account for their respective telephone numbers using credit cards, money orders, checks, Western Union, or in-person via lobby kiosks located at the Pre-Trial and Todd Road Facilities.For more information, visit https://securustech.net/phone-services.
How to Send Money
There are three ways to send money to an inmate at the Ventura County Todd Road Jail.
- Online payments
- Over the phone
To send money to an inmate/offender over the phone just call: 1-800-574-5729.
- Lobby kiosk
Lobby kiosks are located at the Ventura County Todd Road Jail. They are also available at the Pre-Trial Facility. You can use a credit card/cash at the lobby kiosk to send funds to an inmate/offender.
Programs For Inmates
The Todd Road Jail is the home of Ventura County Inmate Services, which provides programs available to inmates incarcerated in the county.
Services offered include Academic & Vocational programs, Substance Abuse & Treatment, Re-entry Planning, Print Shop (vocational and jail industry program), and Religious programs.
The Food Services section of the jail features a 10,000 square foot kitchen with a bakery. The kitchen prepares over 2,500 meals daily. The Laundry Department provides services for the Pre-trial Detention Facility, Todd Road Jail, the County Todd Road Jail, and Work Furlough.
Pictures of Ventura County Todd Road Jail
Careers at Ventura County Todd Road Jail
If you are interested in a career with the Ventura County Sheriff's Department and would like more information about the job openings at the Ventura County Todd Road Jail — or any of the Ventura County detention facilities — click here.