Pickaway Correctional Institution
Pickaway Correctional Institution is a minimum/medium-security prison for male inmates that is located in Orient, Ohio. Operated by the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Corrections, this facility has a population of approximately 2,000 inmates.
Pickaway Correctional Institution
Thank you for visiting us to better understand how inmates are treated while incarcerated at this institution. Please be sure to share this website with others so that we can spread the word and help to maintain rights for current and former inmates.
Please note that by checking the box below, you understand we will be contacting you via email to better understand how we can help you and where our data will be used.
After confirming by checking the box below and inputting your email address, please press "submit" and then click on "View Insights" for the area you'd like to reveal.
What Do Inmate Families Think?
What Do Former Inmates Think?
What Do Employees Think?
Visiting Hours and Rules
Monday – Friday
First Session 12:30pm to 3:30pm LOBBY HOURS: 12:00pm
Second Session 4:30pm to 7:30pm LOBBY HOURS: 4:00pm
Saturday and Sunday
First Session 8:00am to 12:00pm LOBBY HOURS: 7:30am
Second Session 12:30pm to 3:30pm LOBBY HOURS 12:00pm
LOBBY HOURS are 30 minutes before sessions. Register TODAY for visitation reservations @ Ohdoc.gtlvisitme.com/visitation/app For questions or concerns for the visitation app, contact the GTL Visitation support line 1-855-208-7349. Any questions or concerns for visitation, contact Pickaway Correctional Institution 614-877-4362.
Please do not plan on arriving at the institution prior to 7:15 a.m. Click here for additional information.
* Visiting hours are subject to change without notice. Please call the institution to verify visiting hours before planning a visit.
Visiting Applications, Reservations, and Procedures
Each potential visitor must complete a Visiting Application and have it approved before visiting an inmate. This application may be sent through the mail, emailed, faxed, or dropped off in person. Visitation will not be allowed until your application has been processed and you have been approved and notified.
Visiting is by reservation only. Please call 614-877-4362, Extension 0, Thursday through Monday, 8 am to 11 am or 12:00pm to 2:30pm
* Visiting reservations are accepted thirty (30) days in advance.
* Visitors will be required to schedule all visits at a minimum of one day in advance.
* Each inmate will only be allowed four visits per month total.
* Approved visitors can schedule a morning session and an afternoon session for the same date and will count for two visits toward the inmates four visits per month.
* Cancellation of visits must be done 24 hours prior to the scheduled visit.
* Two no-shows for scheduled visits will result in forfeiture of visitation scheduling for thirty days.
* When making online reservations, all visitors being scheduled for the visit MUST be listed on the reservation and all visitors must be APPROVED visitors.
Visiting is limited to five visitors per offender at one time. Each visiting session counts as a separate visit.
Online reservations and registration for visits and new visitors please go to the following: https://ohdoc.gtlvisitme.com
- Reservations should be made by emailing the following address, [email protected], or by mail to: Visiting Office; Pickaway Correctional Institution, 11781 State Route 762 Orient, Ohio 43146
- Information needed to schedule visitation reservations: Adult visitors, full first and last names.
- (Children under 18 or younger DO NOT GIVE NAME, please just list as minor and bring correct documentation).
- Inmate’s last name, institution inmate number, what session you are requesting AM or PM (all day if eligible) and the dates you are requesting to visit.
- For minor children, we need the birth certificate, custody paperwork or Minor authorization entrance form (if required). Visitors without the correct paperwork will not be allowed to visit.
- Example of Information required to make reservation for visitation: Jane Doe + 2 minors to see inmate Doe #A012345 on 4/3/2016 for the PM session.
- Visitation Officers will reply to your email within seventy-two (72) hours excluding: closed on Tuesday, Wednesday, Holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day).
- Proof of out of state residency should be presented along with out of state I.D.
Visiting Office (614) 877-4362 ext. 55377 or dial "0" for the operator
Visiting Office Hours: Thurs.-Mon. 8am till 10:30 am and 12pm till 2:30 pm
Appropriate clothing and undergarments must be worn to visit an inmate. Inappropriate clothing includes, but is not limited to:
- See-through clothing of any kind.
- Tops or dresses that expose the midriff or have open backs or open sides (such as any sleeveless clothing such as halter tops, tube tops, cropped tops, tank tops, and muscle shirts).
- Low-cut clothing cut in a manner that exposes the chest.
- Any clothing that inappropriately exposes undergarments.
- Skirts, dresses, shorts, skorts, or culottes with the hem or slit above the mid-knee.
- Wrap-around skirts/dresses or break-away type pants.
- Clothing with any gang related markings.
- Clothing with obscene and/or offensive pictures, slogans, language, and/or gestures.
- Form-fitted clothing made from Spandex or Lycra or other similar knit material such as leotards, unitards, bicycle shorts, tight jeans, or tight pants.
- Clothing with inappropriate holes/rips, including shoulder cut-outs.
- No smartwatches or fitness monitors (such as fitbits).
Purses, handbags, and backpacks are not permitted. Diaper bags and infant carriers are allowed, but clear plastic bags are preferred. You may bring:
- A reasonable number of diapers and baby wipes
- Three plastic baby bottles
- Three plastic containers of baby food
- One pacifier
The Pickaway Correctional Institution maintains video visiting kiosks in every general population housing unit. The hours of availability for video visits are as follows: 8:00am – 11:00am; 1:00pm – 4:00pm; and 6:00pm – 9:00pm.
Visits are 30 minutes in duration; however, an additional 30 minutes can be requested if there is no one scheduled at the same kiosk immediately after the conclusion of the initial video visit.
Video visits must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance. Approved visitors may visit www.jpay.com for additional information.
Pickaway Correctional Institution
11781 St. Route 762
Orient, OH 43146
Driving Directions: https://goo.gl/maps/NNDagy2wsCbMD2Mq5
General Phone Number
Inmate Mailing Address(es)
Inmate Name, DOC Number
Pickaway Correctional Institution
PO Box 209
Orient, OH 43146
The inmate’s name and DOC number must be clearly written on the envelope of all mail. You can find your inmate’s DOC number by calling Central Inmate Records at 614-752-1076, or you can use the online tool.
JPay Email Option
Please visit JPay for additional information about sending an email to your inmate.
The Inmate Food and Sundry Package Program
Family, friends, and inmates may order food and sundry packages from approved vendors Keefe Group/Access Securepak, Union Supply Direct, and Walkenhorsts. Inmates have access to catalogs, flyers, and order forms for these programs.
How to Call an Inmate
Inmates at Pickaway Correctional Institution do have access to phones, but they can’t receive incoming calls. For complete details on how to call an inmate in Ohio, please click here.
How to Send Money
You can send money to your inmate at Pickaway Correctional Institution through JPay or the ConnectNetwork only if you are an approved (or tentatively approved) visitor.
- MAIL - You can make deposits by U.S. Mail through JPay. Each money order must be accompanied by the Money Order Deposit form, found on the JPay Website and a copy of your driver's license (or state ID or passport). This will be used to match your name to the visiting list. The name on the money order must exactly match:
- the name on the driver's license, state ID, or passport; AND
- the name and date of birth used to register as a visitor with DRC
- Money orders may not exceed $200, unless approved in advance by the institution Warden.
- You will not be able to send any letters to the inmate with the money order. Any letters sent to inmates with the money order will be discarded.
- Please visit the JPay website for additional information.
- ONLINE - Send money through the ConnectNetwork website using credit or debit cards. OffenderConnect charges a transaction fee for using this service.
- TELEPHONE - Call 1-888-988-4PMT (4768), reference Site ID 86 when prompted by the automated attendant. Deposits can be made through the toll-free number using credit or debit cards. There is a transaction fee for using this service.
Programs For Inmates
OASIS Therapeutic Community
The Oasis Therapeutic Community (TC) is a collaborative effort between the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction, the Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services, and the Pickaway Correctional Institution servicing male offenders with substance abuse problems.
OASIS stands for “Our Awareness of Self Increases Success” and the name was created by its first residents. TC focuses the residents on right living in a pro-social community and recovery through a shared therapeutic structure that includes communal meetings, encounter groups, education, organized recreation, and the like. There are 2 paths in OASIS: one is an Intensive Program Prison model that runs four months at PCI and three months in the community.
The other is a long term program running 9-12 months in the institution. Residents are held to a high degree of accountability. Staff are there to help guide and assist, but the residents are the primary role models holding each other to a high standard. TC has proven very effective in helping offenders “go home to stay”.
OPI Print Shop
The OPI Print Shop is a full service "sheet fed" printing facility. It employs offenders in the production of official forms, business cards, brochures, training manuals, flyers, bindery, quick copy digital production, typesetting, quality assurance, inventory, and packaging.
Sinclair Community College
The Sinclair Community College offers Advanced Job Training courses. Certificate offerings are designed to increase employability upon release from incarceration. Certificates range from one semester to three semesters in duration and include the following options: Food Production Specialist, Bakery Specialist, Pastry Specialist, Social Service Assistant, Communication Specialist, User Support Technician, Re-entry Preparation, Entrepreneurship and Business Foundations, and Supply Chain Technician.
The reading rooms encourage family literacy by providing a pleasant and comfortable setting for both child and incarcerated parent. Each room is stocked with a wide variety of children’s books and has an inmate narrator who reads to the visiting children twice a day.
- Crayons to Computers
- Pilot Dogs
- Adult Basic Education (ABLE)
- Literacy Unit
- OPI Modular Furniture
- DRC Meat Processing Career Center
- OPI Print Shop
- OPI Warehouse
- Adoptable Dog Program
Career-Technical (Vocational) Programs
- Administrative Office Technology
Pictures of Pickaway Correctional Institution
Careers at Pickaway Correctional Institution
If you are interested in a career with the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Corrections — and would like to apply for a job at the Pickaway Correctional Institution — you can find out more information about available jobs by clicking here.