SCI Camp Hill
SCI Camp Hill opened as the Industrial School at White Hill for young offenders. It now serves as the state's diagnostic and classification center for men entering the Pennsylvania state prison system. The classification process is different for every inmate and can take up to four months to complete.
This facility also has a diversionary treatment unit, mental health unit, and a residential treatment unit. It is located in Camp Hill, Pennsylvania, and is operated by the Pennsylvania Department of Corrections. It houses approximately 4,000 inmates in 19 different housing units.
SCI Camp Hill
Thank you for visiting us to better understand how inmates are treated while incarcerated at this institution. Please be sure to share this website with others so that we can spread the word and help to maintain rights for current and former inmates.
Please note that by checking the box below, you understand we will be contacting you via email to better understand how we can help you and where our data will be used.
After confirming by checking the box below and inputting your email address, please press "submit" and then click on "View Insights" for the area you'd like to reveal.
What Do Inmate Families Think?
What Do Former Inmates Think?
What Do Employees Think?
Visiting Hours and Rules
Visiting Days/Times at SCI Camp Hill:
Monday | Wednesday | Friday | Saturday | Sunday: 8:15 am to 3:30 pm
Thursday: 1 to 7:30 pm
MAX Number of Visitors per Inmate: Five
Please allow for no less than a one-hour visit. Visitors should arrive no less than TWO HOURS prior to closing of the visiting room.
- Vehicles must be locked while on prison property. Windows must be rolled up/closed.
- NEVER bring any gifts or money for the inmate. This must be done through JPay. Prisons will NOT accept money to be placed on an inmate’s account.
- No cell phones.
- Any kind of device that has the capability of audio and/or video/photography recording and/or cell phone capabilities is NOT permitted.
- No purses, bags, diaper bags, etc.
- Unused visits per week may not be carried over into the following week. It’s a “use them or lose them” rule.
- At most facilities, lockers are available for use. Some lockers may require a deposit ranging from 25 cents to $10. Items not permitted in the visiting room should either be left in your vehicle or placed in the locker. All vehicles and lockers are subject to search.
No cash is allowed in the visiting room. You must purchase a vending card to use the vending machines. There is an initial fee, usually $2, for each vending card. The remaining balance on the card may be used for vending machine purchases.
Visitors with infants
Please feed your baby/babies before visiting. If you have a baby as a part of your visiting group, you may take these items into the visiting room:
- Up to three UNOPENED, commercially prepared and vacuum-sealed containers of baby food per infant. All containers will be opened by the inspecting officers.
- Up to three clear plastic bottles of pre-mixed formula/white milk per infant.
- Up to three diapers per infant. Diapers must be loose so they can be inspected.
- Up to three pull-ups or training pants per infant.
- A reasonable number of wipes.
Video visitation is a free service being offered to inmates and authorized visitors, and all inmates are eligible to participate. The visiting rules for Video Visitation are generally the same as those for visiting in the facility.check out the visitation scheduler system. For complete details, read the Video Visitation Visitors Guide.
SCI Camp Hill
2500 Lisburn Road
Camp Hill, PA 17011
Driving Directions: https://goo.gl/maps/dcFv7WC2V91gpgbU7
General Phone Number
Inmate Mailing Address(es)
SCI Camp Hill
Inmate Name, Inmate Number
PO Box 33028
St Petersburg, FL 33733
How to Call an Inmate
Inmates at SCI Camp Hill can’t receive incoming phone calls, but they do have access to phones during certain hours. For complete details on how to call an inmate in Pennsylvania, please click here.
How to Send Money
The Department of Corrections (DOC) uses JPay to send money to inmates in all Pennsylvania correctional institutions. Family and friends must deposit money into an inmate's account through JPay, either online or through lobby kiosks at each individual state prison.
DO NOT send money to any other individual, website, or Email account. Money orders are NOT accepted at any state correctional institutions.
For JPay information, call 800.574.5729
A Deposit Slip MUST be filled out and submitted with EVERY money order. Slips are available at the money order section of the JPay website, visiting rooms, and the DOC's website.
DEPOSIT SLIP (pdf)
DEPOSIT SLIP (pdf) (Spanish)
Money order deposit slips MUST have the following information CLEARLY TYPED in order for the funds to be posted to the inmate account: Handwritten forms are subject to delay.
• Correct inmate ID #
• Inmate name
• Sender’s name and address
Programs For Inmates
Academic and Vocational Education:
- GED preparation
- Adult Basic Education
- Money Smart Program
- Pre-Vocational Program
- Victim Awareness Education Program (Act 143)
- English as a Second Language
- Special Education
- Business Education
- Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning
- Graphic Arts
- State Intermediate Punishment
- Thinking for a Change
- Sex Offender Treatment
- Batterers Group
- Violence Prevention
- In-Cell Stress Reduction
- Outpatient Alcohol and Other Drug
- Parole Violators Group
- Alcoholics Anonymous/Narcotics Anonymous
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy
Pictures of SCI Camp Hill
Careers at SCI Camp Hill
If you are interested in a career with the Pennsylvania Department of Corrections, you can find out more information about available jobs at SCI Camp Hill by clicking here.