The State Correctional Institution at Fayette opened as the Pennsylvania Commonwealth’s 26th correctional facility in August 2003. The General Assembly voted in 1997 to authorize construction of a new facility and ground was broken March 30, 2000. The first inmates arrived in August 2003.
This maximum-security facility for male inmates is located in LaBelle, Pennsylvania. It houses approximately 2,000 inmates. SCI Fayette is the only prison in the Commonwealth where Pennsylvania license plates are manufactured.
Thank you for visiting us to better understand how inmates are treated while incarcerated at this institution. Please be sure to share this website with others so that we can spread the word and help to maintain rights for current and former inmates.
Please note that by checking the box below, you understand we will be contacting you via email to better understand how we can help you and where our data will be used.
After confirming by checking the box below and inputting your email address, please press "submit" and then click on "View Insights" for the area you'd like to reveal.
What Do Inmate Families Think?
What Do Former Inmates Think?
What Do Employees Think?
Visiting Hours and Rules
Visiting Days/Times at SCI Fayette:
CLOSED the last Monday of every month
Monday | Thursday | Friday | Saturday | Sunday: 8:15 am to 3:30 pm
Tuesday | Wednesday: CLOSED
MAX Number of Visitors per Inmate: 5 (excludes children)
Visitors must be processed before 2 pm in order to visit an inmate
Vending Machine: TOKENS only. No cash. ALL tokens must be purchased prior to entering the visiting room. There is a $50 limit for tokens.
- Vehicles must be locked while on prison property. Windows must be rolled up/closed.
- NEVER bring any gifts or money for the inmate. This must be done through JPay. Prisons will NOT accept money to be placed on an inmate’s account.
- Cell phones and/or pagers are not permitted inside the SCIs.
- Any kind of device that has the capability of audio and/or video/photography recording and/or cell phone capabilities is NOT permitted.
- No purses, bags, diaper bags, etc.
- Unused visits per week may not be carried over into the following week. It’s a, “use them or lose them,” rule.
- At most facilities, lockers are available for use. Some lockers may require a deposit ranging from 25 cents to $10. Items not permitted in the visiting room should either be left in your vehicle or placed in the locker. All vehicles and lockers are subject to search.
Video visitation is a free service offered to inmates. The frequency of the visits will be based on available time slots and an inmate’s housing status. The visiting rules for video visitation are generally the same as those for visiting in the facility.
To sign up and schedule a visit, check out the visitation scheduler system.For complete details, read the Video Visitation Visitors Guide.
50 Overlook Drive
LaBelle, PA 15450
Driving Directions: https://goo.gl/maps/tmfGJBXDyW3Thkzw8
General Phone Number
Inmate Mailing Address(es)
Inmate Name, Inmate Number
PO Box 33028
St Petersburg, FL 33733
How to Call an Inmate
Inmates at SCI Fayette can’t receive incoming phone calls, but they do have access to phones during certain hours. For complete details on how to call an inmate in Pennsylvania, please click here.
How to Send Money
The Department of Corrections (DOC) uses JPay for the processing of ALL MONEY ORDERS sent to inmates in all Pennsylvania correctional institutions and all online and over-the-phone credit card transactions.
Family and friends must deposit money into an inmate's account through JPay, either online or through lobby kiosks at each individual state prison.
DO NOT send money to any other individual, website, or Email account. Money orders are NOT accepted at any state correctional institutions.
For JPay information, call 800.574.5729
JPay Frequently Asked Questions Information Sheet (pdf)
A Deposit Slip MUST be filled out and submitted with EVERY money order. Slips are available at the money order section of the JPay website, visiting rooms and the DOC's website.
DEPOSIT SLIP (pdf)
DEPOSIT SLIP (pdf) (Spanish)
ALL money order deposit slips MUST have the following information CLEARLY TYPED in order for the funds to be posted to the inmate account: Handwritten forms are subject to delay.
• Correct inmate ID #
• Inmate name
• Sender’s name and address
Programs For Inmates
- ABE, Pre-GED, GED, Individual Cell Study Program and Correspondence Courses, ACSD and Pathways to Success.
- Vocational Education: HVAC, Business Education, Computer-Aided Design, Carpentry Trade Program and Welding, Cosmetology, Custodial Maintenance and Repair and Electricity. (certifications available)
- Reading to your Children
- Inside Out Dads (parenting program)
- Sex Offender Moderate-High Intensity
- Offender Low Intensity
- Sex Offender Booster Program
- Pre-Vocational Skills Class
- Money Smart Program
- Veterans’ Program
- Substance Use Disorder
- Therapeutic Community (Window of Hope and Opportunity)
- Co-Occuring Outpatient
- AA/NA and SMART Meetings
- Seeking Safety
- Thinking for a Change
- Act 143 Victim Awareness
- Violence Prevention
- Batterer’s Intervention
- Long Term Offender
Correctional Industries: The CI License Plate Factory produces aluminum license plates and special organizational plates for PennDOT. The Metal Factory produces products such as cabinets, shelves, security benches and furniture that are used in prison cells. These products are sold to agencies such as the Department of Corrections, Pennsylvania State Police, the Pennsylvania Game Commission and other state agencies.
Community Work Program:
The CWP crew helps unload boxes at numerous food banks to include the Community Action Food Bank, Calvin Food Bank, Point Marion Food Bank and Centerville Food Bank. They have also painted, stripped and waxed floors and mowed grass at numerous churches, legions and community centers. CWP crew participates also pick up litter on their assigned roadways.
Pictures of SCI Fayette
Careers at SCI Fayette
If you are interested in a career with the Pennsylvania Department of Corrections, you can find out more information about available jobs at SCI Fayette by clicking here.