C.T. Terrell Unit
The C.T. Terrell Unit is a medium to low-security prison for male inmates that is located in Rosharon, Texas. This facility is operated by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice. It has the capacity to house a maximum of 1,389 inmates at the main unit, plus 214 at the Trusty Camp.
The Terrell Unit sits on nearly 15,000 acres, next to the Ramsey Unit and Stringfellow Unit. The agricultural operations include: Cotton Gin, Cow/Calf Operation, Edible and Field Crops, Farm Shop, Fresh Vegetable Cannery, Grain Dryer/Storage, Alfalfa Dehydrator, Swine Finishing Operation, Security Horses, and Security Pack Canines.
The unit also has the Southern Region Mechanical Shop that employs a number of inmates. Additional operations at Terrell Unit include Unit Maintenance, Southern Region Offender Transportation, and Office of the Inspector General Regional Headquarters.
C.T. Terrell Unit
Thank you for visiting us to better understand how inmates are treated while incarcerated at this institution. Please be sure to share this website with others so that we can spread the word and help to maintain rights for current and former inmates.
Please note that by checking the box below, you understand we will be contacting you via email to better understand how we can help you and where our data will be used.
After confirming by checking the box below and inputting your email address, please press "submit" and then click on "View Insights" for the area you'd like to reveal.
What Do Inmate Families Think?
What Do Former Inmates Think?
What Do Employees Think?
Visiting Hours and Rules
The visiting hours at Terrell Unit are on Saturdays and Sundays from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Visiting periods usually last for about two hours, and each inmate is allowed one visit per weekend by two adults (18+). Minor children are not counted in the visiting number.
There is no visitor application required to visit inmates within this facility.
Before you travel to Terrell Unit for a visit
- Make sure the inmate you are visiting is assigned to Terrell Unit and has visitation privileges. Offender Information Search
- Confirm the unit visitation schedule and verify that visitation has not been cancelled. An eligible offender cannot receive visitors if visitation has been cancelled. Unit wide visitation cancelations are posted on the TDCJ homepage.
- Verify you are an approved visitor. If you are unsure, you may call the Terrell Unit for verification.
- Bring photo identification (ID). Click here for a list of appropriate photo identification.
- Check clothing for compliance. (see below)
- Make sure you are not bringing prohibited items on the unit. Vehicles and visitors are subject to search by unit staff. Click here for items allowed and not allowed.
If you have any questions, call the Ombudsman Visitation Hotline at (936) 437-4927 or toll free at (844) 476-1289. The hotline is open from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
What can you bring to a visit?
When checking in for a visit, you will need to provide the officer at the unit security checkpoint the following information:
- Your inmate's name and TDCJ number
- Your relationship to the offender
- Your current physical address and phone number
All adult visitors must have a valid photo ID. Keep everything in your vehicle except your ID and up to $25 cash (in coins) for the vending machines. You may carry the coins in a small wallet, clear plastic bag, or change purse.
Visitors with infants or small children may bring three diapers, baby wipes, and two baby bottles (“sippy” cup for toddlers). These items must be stored in a clear plastic bag.
Visitors are encouraged to dress conservatively.
- Sandals, flip-flops, and open-toe shoes may be worn.
- Clothing that is tight fitting, revealing, or made with see-through fabrics shall not be allowed.
- Sleeveless shirts and dresses are allowed, but must cover the shoulders.
- Shorts and skirts no shorter than three inches above the middle of the knee while standing, capri pants, or long pants are allowed.
- Length is not restricted for pre-adolescent boys and girls, generally ages 10 and younger.
- Clothing with pictures or language that may be considered profane or offensive by current public standards is not allowed.
1300 FM 655
Rosharon, TX 77583
Driving Directions: https://goo.gl/maps/VMPouqACo5CTkvmB8
General Phone Number
(281) 595-3481 (**027)
Inmate Mailing Address(es)
Inmate Name/DOC Number
1300 FM 655
Rosharon, TX 77583
You can't send money, stamps, or other negotiable items in the mail to an inmate. They are also not allowed to get packages from friends and family. Offenders may receive approved publications, such as magazines, books or newspapers, from the publisher or store that sells them.
eMessagesInmates at Terrell Unit can receive eMessages through JPAY. To register, please contact JPAY at 1-866-333- 5729 or visit www.jpay.com on the web.
How to Call an Inmate
You can't call an inmate at Terrell Unit, but they do have access to phones during certain hours. For complete details on how to call an inmate in Texas, please click here.
The following rules apply to the Offender Telephone System:
- Calls are limited in length
- All calls, except to the Attorney of Record, are recorded and subject to monitoring
- Calls may only be made to landline telephone numbers and post-paid cell phones
- No calls are allowed to prepaid cell or Internet telephone service or international numbers
- To receive calls, the telephone number owner’s name must match the name on the registrant’s driver’s license or state identification card and the telephone bill listing
How to Send Money
There are a number of ways to send money to an inmate at Terrell Unit, both online and through snail mail. Remember, you will need their inmate ID number.
This site allows you to send money to an inmate or make purchases for them from the prison commissary. To send money, click here and enter the offender's number, name, and confirm offender. Add a deposit amount to your cart and checkout using a credit or debit card.
Friends and family can also make purchases each quarter for eligible offenders. The maximum spend is $60, with the exception of the 4th quarter. From October through December, the holiday spend limit is $85.
You can choose from the top selling commissary items and purchase them for your inmate instead of sending money. Items include snacks, hygiene products, and correspondence supplies.
Visit their website at www.jpay.com or call 1.800.574.5729 to send funds using Visa or MasterCard credit/debit card.
ACCESS CORRECTIONS – SECURE DEPOSITS
- Visit www.AccessCorrections.com
- Telephone (toll-free): call 1.866.345.1884 for live bilingual agents available 24/7
MONEY ORDERS or CASHIER’S CHECKS
Must be made payable to “Inmate Trust Fund for Offender Name and Number”
- You may obtain deposit slips by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Inmate Trust Fund, PO Box 60, Huntsville, TX 77342-0060
- Send deposit and completed deposit slip to Inmate Trust Fund, PO Box 60, Huntsville, TX 77342-0060
Programs For Inmates
- Educational Programs: Literacy (Adult Basic Education/GED), CHANGES/Pre-Release, Cognitive Intervention
- Career and Technology Programs: Electrical Trades; Welding
- Additional Programs/Services: Faith Based Dormitory, Adult Education Program (upon availability), Peer Education, Reentry Planning, Chaplaincy Services, Crime Stoppers, GO KIDS Initiative
- Community Work Projects: Services provided to county agencies.
- Volunteer Initiatives: Literacy/Education, Employment/Job Skills, Substance Abuse Education, Life Skills, Support Groups, Religious/Faith Based Studies and Activities
Pictures of C.T. Terrell Unit
Careers at C.T. Terrell Unit
If you would like more information about the Texas Department of Criminal Justice and would like to see the job listings at Terrell Unit, click here. The TDCJ has modified their testing and training procedures because they have a lot of positions to fill. They are hiring at all levels of the agency.TDCJ offers fantastic benefits. There’s also a $5,000 hiring bonus available for correctional officers at many units across the state. That bonus is also available to several maintenance supervisor roles in many locations statewide.