Jerry H. Hodge Unit
The Jerry H. Hodge Unit is a minimum-security prison for male inmates that is located in Rusk, Texas. This facility can house a maximum of 989 inmates and is operated by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice. The Hodge Unit houses G1 and G2 inmates, as well as inmates classified as developmentally disabled.
Jerry H. Hodge Unit
Thank you for visiting us to better understand how inmates are treated while incarcerated at this institution. Please be sure to share this website with others so that we can spread the word and help to maintain rights for current and former inmates.
Please note that by checking the box below, you understand we will be contacting you via email to better understand how we can help you and where our data will be used.
After confirming by checking the box below and inputting your email address, please press "submit" and then click on "View Insights" for the area you'd like to reveal.
What Do Inmate Families Think?
What Do Former Inmates Think?
What Do Employees Think?
Visiting Hours and Rules
The Hodge Unit visiting hours are on Saturdays and Sundays from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. A maximum of two adult visitors (18+) are allowed. Visitors 17 and younger will not be counted in the visitor number.
Each inmate is allowed one visit per weekend. Visiting periods last two hours and begin when the offender is seated.
Call the Ombudsman Visitation Hotline at (936) 437-4927 or toll free at (844) 476-1289 if you have visiting questions. The hotline is open from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
Before you can visit an inmate at the Hodge Unit, you must get approved by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice. Click on the visiting application and instructions below to get started.
- Policy 507.01 - Visitation
- Visitation Form
The dress code at Hodge Unit is strictly enforced.
- Sandals, flip-flops, and open-toe shoes may be worn.
- Clothing that is tight fitting, revealing, or made with see-through fabrics are prohibited.
- Sleeveless shirts and dresses are allowed, but must cover the shoulders.
- Shorts, skirts no shorter than three (3) inches above the middle of the knee while standing, capri pants or long pants are allowed.
- Length is not restricted for children ages 10 and younger.
- Clothing with pictures or language that may be considered profane or offensive is not allowed.
For a complete list of the visiting rules, click here.
What can you bring to a visit?
All visitors 18 years of age and older must have a photo ID. All other items must be kept in your vehicle except:
- A small wallet, clear plastic bag, or change purse
- $25 cash (in coins) for the vending machines
- Visitors with infants or small children may bring no more than three diapers, a supply of baby wipes, and two baby bottles (“sippy” cup for toddlers). These items must be stored in a clear plastic bag.
379 FM 2972 West
Rusk, TX 75785-3666
Driving Directions: https://goo.gl/maps/WosnBXp15zUjRXfM8
General Phone Number
(903) 683-5781 (**075)
Inmate Mailing Address(es)
Inmate Name/DOC Number
379 FM 2972 West
Rusk, TX 75785-3666
Families and friends of offenders are encouraged to write often. Letters sent to offenders should include their name, TDCJ number, and unit address on the envelope. Newspapers, magazines, and books must be mailed directly to offenders only by the publisher, publication supplier, or bookstore.
eMessagesYou can send your inmate eMessages through JPAY. To register, please contact JPAY at 1-866-333- 5729 or visit www.jpay.com on the web.
How to Call an Inmate
You can't call an inmate at Hodge Unit, but they do have access to phones during certain hours. For complete details on how to call an inmate in Texas, please click here.
How to Send Money
The easiest ways to send money to an inmate at Hodge Unit are:
JPAY allows you to send money to an offender for a service fee. Visit their website at www.jpay.com or call 1.800.574.5729 to send funds using Visa or MasterCard credit/debit card.
ACCESS CORRECTIONS – SECURE DEPOSITS
1. Visit www.AccessCorrections.com
2. Telephone (toll-free): 1.866.345.1884 for live bilingual agents available 24/7
Click here and enter offender number, name and confirm offender. Add deposit amount to your cart and checkout using a Visa, MasterCard, or Discover card for a service fee.
MONEY ORDERS or CASHIER’S CHECKS made payable to “Inmate Trust Fund for Offender Name and Number”
- You may obtain deposit slips from offender or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Inmate Trust Fund, PO Box 60, Huntsville, TX 77342-0060
- Send deposit and completed deposit slip to Inmate Trust Fund, PO Box 60, Huntsville, TX 77342-0060
Programs For Inmates
Special Treatment Programs: Developmental Disabilities Program (DDP)
Educational Programs: Literacy (Adult Basic Education/GED), Special Education (Adaptive Skills), CHANGES/Pre-Release, English as a Second Language, Cognitive Intervention
Career and Technology Programs: Custodial Technician; Landscape Design, Construction and Maintenance; Restaurant Management
Additional Programs/Services: Adult Education Program (upon availability), Reentry Planning, Chaplaincy Services, GO KIDS Initiative
Community Work Projects: Services provided to city and county agencies and local organizations.
Volunteer Initiatives: Substance Abuse Education, Support Groups, Mentoring, Religious/Faith Based Studies and Activities, Family Visitation Center
Pictures of Jerry H. Hodge Unit
Careers at Jerry H. Hodge Unit
If you are interested in a career with the Texas Department of Criminal Justice and would like more information about available jobs at Hodge Unit, click here.