Mark W. Stiles Unit
The Mark W. Stiles Unit is a maximum-security prison for male inmates that is located in Beaumont, Texas. This prison is operated by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice and can house a maximum of 2,981 inmates.
The Stiles Unit serves as the University of Texas Medical Branch hub site for treatment of HIV and other infectious diseases. Because of this, the Stiles facility houses many HIV positive prisoners. This facility also has a hospice for prisoners with HIV.
Mark W. Stiles Unit
Thank you for visiting us to better understand how inmates are treated while incarcerated at this institution. Please be sure to share this website with others so that we can spread the word and help to maintain rights for current and former inmates.
Please note that by checking the box below, you understand we will be contacting you via email to better understand how we can help you and where our data will be used.
After confirming by checking the box below and inputting your email address, please press "submit" and then click on "View Insights" for the area you'd like to reveal.
What Do Inmate Families Think?
What Do Former Inmates Think?
What Do Employees Think?
Visiting Hours and Rules
The visiting hours for general population inmates at Stiles Unit are on Saturdays and Sundays from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm. Visiting periods usually last for about two hours, and each inmate is allowed one visit per weekend by two adults (18+). Minor children are not counted in the visiting number.
Before you can visit your inmate at Stiles Unit, you must fill out an application and get approval from the Texas Department of Criminal Justice.
- Policy 507.01 - Visitation
- Visitation Form
The impacts of COVID-19 are everywhere. No question one of the biggest is the long-term suspension of visitation. Phones are one thing, but there is nothing like seeing your loved one's face.
The Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) knows the impact that the family unit has on successful reentry. TDCJ’s goal is offender rehabilitation and maintaining close contact with supportive family and friends is a critical part of that.
To help alleviate that, TDCJ has introduced a new “Remote Video Visitation” system at Stiles Unit, which allows family members at home to visit, via live video, with their loved one at the facility.
Remote video visitations are 60 minutes long and will cost $10.00. At this time, offenders will be limited to one remote video visitation per month.
In order to participate in the new remote video visitations, follow these registration steps:
- Go to https://securustech.net/tdcj/index.html#tdcj-video-visitation
- Click on the Sign-Up link under Video Communication
- Enter email address and create password
- Select three security questions to help verify your identity should you forget your password
- Fill out contact info as it appears on your ID
Remote video visits are on a set schedule that will begin and end at the scheduled times. Visitors may log into the remote video visitation one minute prior to the scheduled start.
Before you travel to Stiles Unit for a visit
- Make sure the inmate you are visiting is assigned to the Stiles Unit and has visitation privileges. Offender Information Search
- Confirm the unit visitation schedule and verify that visitation has not been cancelled. An eligible offender cannot receive visitors if visitation has been cancelled. Unit wide visitation cancelations are posted on the TDCJ homepage.
- Verify you are an approved visitor. If you are unsure, you may call the Stiles Unit for verification.
- Bring photo identification (ID). Click here for a list of appropriate photo identification.
- Check clothing for compliance. (see below)
- Make sure you are not bringing prohibited items on the unit. Vehicles and visitors are subject to search by unit staff. Click here for items allowed and not allowed.
If you have any questions, call the Ombudsman Visitation Hotline at (936) 437-4927 or toll free at (844) 476-1289. The hotline is open from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
What can you bring to a visit?
When checking in for a visit, you will need to provide the officer at the unit security checkpoint the following information:
- Your inmate's name and TDCJ number
- Your relationship to the offender
- Your current physical address and phone number
All adult visitors must have a valid photo ID. Keep everything in your vehicle except your ID and up to $25 cash (in coins) for the vending machines. You may carry the coins in a small wallet, clear plastic bag, or change purse.
Visitors with infants or small children may bring three diapers, baby wipes, and two baby bottles (“sippy” cup for toddlers). These items must be stored in a clear plastic bag.
Visitors are encouraged to dress conservatively.
- Sandals, flip-flops, and open-toe shoes may be worn.
- Clothing that is tight fitting, revealing, or made with see-through fabrics shall not be allowed.
- Sleeveless shirts and dresses are allowed, but must cover the shoulders.
- Shorts and skirts no shorter than three inches above the middle of the knee while standing, capri pants, or long pants are allowed.
- Length is not restricted for pre-adolescent boys and girls, generally ages 10 and younger.
- Clothing with pictures or language that may be considered profane or offensive by current public standards is not allowed.
For a complete list of the visiting rules, click here.
3060 FM 3514
Beaumont, TX 77705
Driving Directions: https://goo.gl/maps/JEKs49Hfn9BPtJ468
General Phone Number
(409) 722-5255 (**049)
Inmate Mailing Address(es)
Inmate Name/DOC Number
3060 FM 3514
Beaumont, TX 77705
You can't send money, stamps, or other negotiable items in the mail to an inmate. They are also not allowed to get packages from friends and family. Offenders may receive approved publications, such as magazines, books or newspapers, from the publisher or store that sells them.
Inmates at Stiles Unit can receive eMessages through JPAY. To register, please contact JPAY at 1-866-333- 5729 or visit www.jpay.com on the web.
How to Call an Inmate
You can't call an inmate at Stiles Unit, but they do have access to phones during certain hours. For complete details on how to call an inmate in Texas, please click here.
How to Send Money
There are a number of ways to send money to an inmate at Stiles Unit, both online and through snail mail. Remember, you will need their inmate ID number.
Visit their website at www.jpay.com or call 1.800.574.5729 to send funds using Visa or MasterCard credit/debit card.
ACCESS CORRECTIONS – SECURE DEPOSITS
- Visit www.AccessCorrections.com
- Telephone (toll-free): call 1.866.345.1884 for live bilingual agents available 24/7
This site allows you to send money to an inmate or make purchases for them from the prison commissary. To send money, click here and enter the offender's number, name, and confirm offender. Add a deposit amount to your cart and checkout using a credit or debit card.
Friends and family can also make purchases each quarter for eligible offenders. The maximum spend is $60, with the exception of the 4th quarter. From October through December, the holiday spend limit is $85.
MONEY ORDERS or CASHIER’S CHECKS
Must be made payable to “Inmate Trust Fund for Offender Name and Number”
- You may obtain deposit slips by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Inmate Trust Fund, PO Box 60, Huntsville, TX 77342-0060
- Send deposit and completed deposit slip to Inmate Trust Fund, PO Box 60, Huntsville, TX 77342-0060
Programs For Inmates
- Educational Programs: Literacy (Adult Basic Education/GED), Special Education, CHANGES/Pre-Release, Cognitive Intervention
- Lamar State College Vocational: Air Conditioning and Refrigeration I and II; Auto Mechanics; Auto Mechanics II (Transmission)
- Additional Programs/Services: Faith Based Dormitory, Adult Education Program (upon availability), Peer Education, Reentry Planning, Chaplaincy Services, Crime Stoppers, GO KIDS Initiative
- Volunteer Initiatives: Literacy/Education, Substance Abuse Education, Life Skills, Support Groups, Religious/Faith Based Studies and Activities, Veterans Programs
Pictures of Mark W. Stiles Unit
Careers at Mark W. Stiles Unit
If you would like more information about the Texas Department of Criminal Justice and would like to see the job listings at Stiles Unit, click here.