How to Call an Inmate in Kansas
Inmates are permitted telephone privileges to make collect, debit, or prepaid calls. However, inmates in the Kansas Department of Corrections are not allowed to receive telephone calls. Every new number that an inmate requests to be added to their approved call list must be verified and activated before the inmate is allowed to call.
Inmates who wish to make use of the inmate telephone service are required to prepare and update a list of up to twenty people, including attorneys, with whom they wish to have telephone contact.
Inmates have access to coinless telephones at various times throughout the day during yard periods. Each living unit also has specified periods when inmates are allowed to make phone calls during the evening hours.
Please note that Inmate telephone calls, except for attorney calls, are subject to monitoring and recording.
In the event of a verifiable emergency such as a serious illness or death in the family, you may call the facility. During regular business hours, you will be forwarded to the inmate counselor’s office where you can relay the emergency message, and the counselor will speak with the inmate. After hours or on weekends and holidays, verified emergencies will be passed on to the inmate at the earliest possible time.
The provider for inmate telephone service in Kansas is CenturyLink. Chain dialing, 3-way calling, call forwarding, and/or dialing extra digits is not permitted. Collect and prepaid calls cost 18 cents per minute.
Collect calling allows inmates to place calls to your residential telephone number as long as it is not restricted by the facility. If you accept a collect call from an inmate, the cost of that call will be billed as a line item on your next regular telephone bill, next to the words, “billed on behalf of ICSolutions.”
Many phone companies establish upper limits on the amount of collect calling that can be charged to a phone number in a given month. These limits are designed to protect consumers by preventing them from having unexpectedly high phone bills that they may not be able to pay.
If you have reached your limit and desire to receive more phone calls, we recommend setting up a Prepaid Account or a Debit Telephone Account which will allow you to continue receiving phone calls.
Please click here to learn more about collect calling and other phone service options.
The Prepaid Account provides you an option to continue to accept an inmate’s calls when:
- Your phone is a cell phone
- Your local telephone company does not offer billing of collect calls
- Your phone number has exceeded its allowed spending limit for collect calls
You can easily create a free Prepaid Account at the IC Solutions website and purchase prepaid phone services in three ways:
1) Online (click here): The fastest and easiest way to set up an account and purchase prepaid phone services is our Online Payment Processing Service. This service allows you to conveniently purchase prepaid phone services using a credit or debit card.
2) By Phone: Call toll free 1.888.506.8407 where you will speak with a bilingual (English and Spanish) Customer Care Representatives which are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to answer your questions and process your purchase.
3) By Mail: To purchase prepaid phone services for a Prepaid Account using a check or money order, please mail to:
Attn: Customer Service Department/Prepaid Account
2200 Danbury Street
San Antonio, TX 78217
When purchasing prepaid phone services through a mail-in purchase, please be sure to include with your payment, your name, address, and the designated telephone number you wish to receive calls from.
Please note: Prepaid Account phone services expire six months from the date of your last purchase to the account, unless otherwise required by state law. Click here to learn more about Prepaid Account service.
Setting up a free Debit Telephone Account is a quick, easy, and convenient way to allow your incarcerated loved one to call ANY phone number that is not blocked by the facility.
You can purchase prepaid phone services for the inmate’s Debit Telephone Account in three different ways: online, phone, or by mail.
1) Online (click here): The fastest and easiest way to set up an account and purchase prepaid phone services is the Online Payment Processing Service. This service allows you to conveniently purchase prepaid phone services using a credit or debit card. As soon as your payment is completed, the inmate will be able to make phone calls to any numbers which are not restricted by the facility, including your phone number.
2) By Phone: You can also call the toll-free customer service center at 1 (888) 506-8407. Customer Care Representatives are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to answer your questions and process your purchase.
3) By Mail: If you want to purchase a prepaid phone service for an inmate’s Debit Telephone Account using a check or money order, please mail to:
Attn: Customer Service Department/Debit Telephone Account
2200 Danbury Street
San Antonio, TX 78217
When purchasing prepaid phone services through a mail-in purchase, please be sure to include with your payment:
- Your Name
- Your Address
- Your daytime Telephone Number
- Name of the Facility
- Inmate’s Name
- Inmate’s Facility ID Number
If you have any questions, you can speak with a customer care representative by calling 1.888.506.8407. Please click here to learn more about setting up a debit telephone account.