How to Call an Inmate in Mississippi
You can’t call an inmate who is incarcerated in a Mississippi state prison or regional correctional facility. However, you can receive calls from an inmate if you have an AdvancePay telephone account set up through the GTL Connect Network.
AdvancePay is ConnectNetwork’s fastest and most convenient phone service connecting friends and family members to inmates. When you create an AdvancePay account, you’re creating a prepaid collect calling service that allows an inmate to call your phone number using money that you’ve deposited into the account.
You can set up just one account, or there is an option of multiple AdvancePay accounts if you have inmates in separate facilities and wish to have calls directed to different phone numbers.
After you set up an AdvancePay account, you can start adding money and receiving phone calls right away. As long as you have a balance for at least a one-minute call in your account, you can receive a call at any time.
To make sure you don’t miss any calls, you can sign up to be notified via text messages when your balance is low, or sign up for AutoReload to automatically replenish your account.
Features of AdvancePay include:
- Only your phone number can be called with the money in your account.
- You control expenses and can decide whether to accept or reject a call
- Options are available to securely store your credit card number and automatically reload your account when your account balance is low
- Helpful alerts by text, email, or automated phone call can remind you to fund your account when your balance is low.
- It’s easy and quick to make mobile deposits via the ConnectNetwork mobile app.
Once you establish an account, which becomes active as soon as you deposit money into it, you can receive calls from an inmate. You always have the option to accept or reject a call and the value of each completed call is immediately deducted from your account.
If an inmate is expected to be released shortly after intake (within 24 to 48 hours) or you do not have enough money for a minimum deposit, there is a variation of AdvancePay that allows you to pay for just one call.
Refunds are available if the inmate who calls you is released, or if you no longer need an AdvancePay account.
Costs are determined by each correctional facility. The amount you choose to deposit into your account can vary depending on how much phone time you’ll want. AdvancePay rates and fees are published in your ConnectNetwork account.
While making a deposit online in your ConnectNetwork account or over the phone at (800) 483-8314 are the easiest and fastest ways to make a deposit, there are several different payment options available for AdvancePay.
If you are experiencing problems relating to an inmate/customer telephone please contact Global Tel Link’s customer service center at 1-877-650-4249 for account information or billing inquiries.
An automated system for the AdvancePay prepaid service is available 24 hours a day, to create an account, make a credit card payment, and check an account balance at 1-800-483-8314.
Business hours are Monday through Friday, 6:00 am to 10:00 pm, and Saturday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Central Standard Time.
For additional concerns relating to inmate telephones, please contact the appropriate respective MDOC facility:
- For central Mississippi contact the MDOC/CMCF inmate telephone administrator at (601) 932-2880 extension 6729
- For south Mississippi contact the MDOC/SMCI inmate telephone administrator at (601) 394-5600 extension 1018
- For north Mississippi contact the MDOC/MSP inmate telephone administrator at (662) 745-6611 extension 4160