How to Call an Inmate in New Mexico
You can’t call an inmate who is incarcerated at a New Mexico facility, but they do have access to phones and can call you during approved hours.
Unlike inmate mail, telephone calls with a prison inmate can rapidly become expensive for you and for your loved one. Inmates may purchase phone cards or phone minutes from the commissary.
Phone calls are $0.65 per domestic call with a time limit of 20 minutes per call. International calls are $5.00 per call for a 20 minute call. There are no limits on the amount of telephone time an inmate may purchase.
You may also set up an account to purchase phone time through Securus Correctional Billing Services online at securustech.net, by phone at 1-800-844-6591, or by email at [email protected].
Your options with Securus Correctional Billing Services are:
- Direct Bill
An AdvanceConnect account is a prepaid calling account for friends and family of inmates that allows you to receive collect calls from an incarcerated individual and have the charges deducted automatically from your prepaid account.
Securus’ prepaid AdvanceConnect account puts you in control of the amount of money you spend on phone time and ensures you can receive calls from correctional facilities.
This account offers you the following benefits:
- The maximum funding amount is up to $50.00 per transaction
- You are able to receive calls from an incarcerated individual as long as funds are available in your account
- You can add multiple phone numbers to your account so your incarcerated loved one can reach your home phone, work phone, cell phone, other relatives, neighbors, friends, etc.
- Calls will connect to cell phones
- You have 24/7/365 access to your Securus account on their website or by contacting them via phone.
Funding Options for Advance Connect are Credit / Debit Card Online or By Phone. To pay with cash, money order, or cashier’s check you must visit a Western Union location. Payments can easily be made in person using Western Union Quick Collect.
Instructions on Using Western Union Payment Form:
In the Payment Information section you will be asked for Pay To, Code City, and State:
- Pay To: Securus
- Code City: Securus
- State: Texas
Please include your six or seven digit Account number. If you are unsure of your account number, please sign in or call 1-800-844-6591. To find a Western Union Agent location near you, click here.
A Direct Bill account allows you to receive collect calls from inmates and have the charges billed directly to you each month from Securus Correctional Billing Services (SCBS). This account is a good option if the inmate is incarcerated for longer than two years. With verification or approved credit, you can receive an itemized monthly bill statement from SCBS for your calls. This account offers you the following benefits:
- Itemized monthly bill statement of call activity
- You can receive all the calls you need to, up to your credit limit
- You can add multiple phone numbers to your account to ensure you receive all your calls
- Calls will connect to cell phones
- You are able to receive inmate calls as long as your bill is paid in full by the due date
- No minimum payment amount
- You have 24/7/365 access to your account on the Securus website or by contacting them via phone
NOTE: If you have received notice that a Direct Bill account was automatically opened for you, you will need to set up access to manage your account with Securus Online.
The funding options for a Direct Bill account or exactly the same as AdvanceConnect.